Saturday, June 16, 2012

Taco Tour

Our last trip was a grand finale, indeed.  We left Manhattan and journeyed to Jackson Heights, Queens, one of the most diverse neighborhoods in the world.  Once in Jackson Heights, we were guided by a fearless man named Jeff.  We decided to do a comparison of Taco Bell and Taqueria Coatzingo.

First up, Taco Bell.  This joint was hoppin', and we treated ourselves to many items.  Tacos, burritos, garditos, double-fried-crazy-chulapas, etc.  Taco Bell is cheap, and the menu is very clear, and if you're in a hurry, it might not be a bad idea.  However, I must say, the food was rather bland, in my opinion.  The salsa was watery and tasted mostly like ketchup. 

Next, we went to Taqueria Coatzingo, and this place was a very authentic hole-in-the-wall.  We had many of the same dishes, and the dishes here were fresh, warm, flavorful, and delicious.  There was fresh and wholesome guacamole, and I almost fell off my chair I was so happy. 

In the end, I decided to climb one more fence as a swan song.  Unfortunately, it was an electric fence and I received quite a shock.  My hair was all over the place, and for the remainder of the day I kept convulsing and waves of electricity pulsed through my body, revealing my inner skeleton. Bzzzz!!!!

I would now just like to give a "shout out" to all of my new friends.  It's been an honor heating with you!

Farewell! (for now)

-Professor Van Shmackelpop

1 comment: